Saturday, January 27, 2007

St.Moritz World Championships 2007


A two day race - early morning on the first day, -15oc, bit of snow and my first run left me 23rd! Not great! But with a good talk from coach Mickey Gruenburger and some technical adjustments to my sled, my second run was much better - 12th fastest, leaving me in 18th overall after the first day. My goal was to finish top 20, so dispite the dissapointment of the first run, I was set to be able to do this on the final day. It was snowing a little bit again, which usually provides pretty bad conditions for Skeleton, as running through snow seriously slows you down. It was light tho, and there were no major worries. A good push of 4.97 (anything under 5 was good!) and ok runs on the second day (14th and 8th!) Ment I picked up a few places for an overall finish of 15th! A great result for my first World Champs!

No comments: