Friday, January 19, 2007

Igls World Cup 2007


From Nagano it was a 26 hour trip back to Europe to continue on the competition circuit......I managed to watch 5 films on the plane - the best being one of my favourites from the summer; Little Miss Sunshine, brilliant! Anyway, after a week of waking up at 4 in the morning and dealing with some crazy snoring action from my room mate (if I got up and started sawing up logs in the room, it would be about the same noise!) we had a race in some very warm and wet conditions. It felt wrong to have that kind of weather at this time of year - it made me think, along with there being no ice on Mirror Lake when we were at Lake Placid; we are facing some climate changes that in hindsight we may wish we had done something about when we had the chance: watch An Inconvienient Truth - that says it all a lot more concisely than I can here. That said - I have just taken a 12 hour flight! I'm looking into ways to carbon 'neutralise' the effects my lifestyle makes on the environment - I'll keep you posted on that one with a blog at the end of the season, around March/April time......
The race result was actually ok although it felt like I under performed cos I could have pushed better - but my first run 15th and second run 9th ment an overall 12th place - so my World Ranking overall at this point is 13th. And the best thing is that I'm thouroughly confident that I can do even better! When I put all the elements together: the push, the driving and the consistency - then I'll be able to challenge the best in the world! :)

No comments: