Saturday, November 07, 2009

Whistler International Training, November 2009


This was really important sliding and learning experience in which I leave feeling that I know my lines and have a game plan for when I'm (hopefully) back here in February 2010 for the 'big race'! Just to prove this is the fastest track in the World, I joined the 140kph club with a run where I clocked 141.52 kph (about 87mph) Not that many Skeleton pilots have broken this barrier and I'm one of the only Brits to do so, a good bit of history for me! The next worthy barrier is 145kph (or 90mph) this speed is taken into an almost 90 degree right hand bend mind!
Wildlife here is great - black bears mooch about all around Whistler! I was warming up at the top of the track and Italy's Marizio Oioli pointed by some containers "There's a bear!" And there was, about 20 feet away! Brilliant, he wandered up along the tree line for a while, but I didn't have my camera on me!
Back to Europe now for training and my first international race of the season in Winterberg!

No comments: