Saturday, November 28, 2009

ICC 2, Winterberg Nov 2009


16th – an absolutely awful result! And there is no definitive reason – I didn’t crash, or push out the spur; my sled is ok I think (still need to check?!) and my push was ok! Sometimes it’s just not there. In Skeleton I think it means I’m not letting it run! There was a great sports psychology TV programme called ‘Loosing It’ – a case in study was the javelin thrower Steve Backley who should have qualified in the World Champs, (I think it was?) by matter of course, but in his words he “just couldn’t hear the music”. A few weeks later he set a World Record! He was the same athlete and couldn’t change physically in that time – it was all in the head and letting his mind communicate the right rhythm to the rest of his body! So I’m going to Konigsee hoping something will ‘click’ and I can relax and let it slide!

No comments: