Friday, October 23, 2009

British Selection Race 2, Lake Placid 2009

2nd place today means, joint first in Selection Points, BUT on count back I'm 0.58 sec behind Andy Wood, so after our international training in Whistler as part of the Olympic preparation next week, he goes to World Cup (WC) and I to Intercontinental Cup (ICC). Sorry kids, this means you won't see me on British Eurosport till after Xmas depending on race results!
I'm pretty gutted, and it definitely feels like a blow to my Olympic hopes, but there is often a silver lining to these occurrences. If I let the negative connotations of this result take hold it can only have negative results - on the other hand I'm on a competitive circuit that will give me a World Ranking that I can still qualify for the Olympics with! Don't forget Adam Pengilly struggled last year and was on ICC until qualifying for the World Champs where he won a silver medal!
I'm going to go forward and compete without fear of failure and keep in mind the big scheme of things, like this sunset I saw at Anchor Point in Morocco this summer - waves are still breaking dude! Vancouver is still there for the taking!

1 comment:

Oli wells said...

Hey mate, good to keep up to date with your mega blog, sorry to hear about ICC but I don't get how you come joint first and don't go to world cup, who's going? Just Andy? Let me know dude, but anyway, as you say so rightly it don't really matter anyway coz it's a long old road to Vancouver still. Bloody brilliant efforts mate. Cheers. Oli.