Sunday, October 18, 2009

British Selection Race 1, Lake Placid 2009

First place by 0.01 second! This race was real pressure and pure performance! Every bit of experience from the last 12 years of decathlon competition, training with the Marine's (as per the photos) and gems of advice from the people I've met along the way contributed to this result, as it will the rest of my season.
You learn from your past experiences, you hope for your future, but all you can affect is that one little second where you get the chance to perform! The next few months are full of those opportunities for me, and I'm so pleased to be in this position. The end result of my endeavors will form in time, meanwhile I will do all in my control to get to Vancouver 2010, starting with next weeks second Selection race on the same track!

No comments: