Wednesday, February 11, 2009

World Cup 7 Park City 2009


11th place - means a few good things for me! Firstly, as a member of the British Skeleton Performance Pathway, I have to reach annual targets to stay on the programme (essential to getting to Vancouver 2010!) Mine this year are a top 8 and two top 12 on World Cup - which I have now done! Phew! Although they are minimums, and I'd hope to do better tomorrow (I was 6th after my first run but had a little bash on the second!)
Also Andy Wood and I are basically having to race off for a spot at the World Championships in Lake Placid next week. Our second run times were exactly the same!! By no means am I in the clear, but he finished 19th. So I need a good result tomorrow - and I feel confident that I can do it! The picture is for inspiration, from the Park City World Cup race last year where I won my first medal!

No comments: