Monday, February 23, 2009

Team Event, Lake Placid 2009

5th place! The FIBT have been trying to promote the team event for a couple of years, in which a mens and womens skeleton and bobsleigh all have 1 run each, and all their times are combined to produce a winner! Great Britains team consisted of Amy Williams (Womens Skeleton), Nicola Minichiello and Jackie Davis (Womens Bob), John James Jackson and Henry Nwume (Mens Bob) and myself in Mens Skeleton. It ws a great event and all of us did the best we could - I had a good run that I'm keen to keep consistent for my 4 World Champ runs later in the week. Nicola had the good forune of getting the best timed injury I have ever seen! As we were geting off the podium she twisted her ankle (after winning the womens individual World Championships yesterday!) Plenty of time to recover in the off season now!!

No comments: