Sunday, December 14, 2008

World Cup 3 Igls 2008



8th place! This is as well as I could have done today! I had two good runs with minimum mistakes, maybe I could have pushed a bit better on the first run, or controlled corner 9 better in the second, but if I think like that I’m getting into the world of if’s and but’s! I can accept the result and look forward to next weeks race in Cesana – a track I have done well on previously and on which I have aspirations for a top 6 finish!
Shelley Rudman deserves a mention for winning the girls race yesterday – the first British gold medal of the season, and the national anthem booming over the Tyrolean Alps! Bravo!
Also worth a mention is the huge amount of snow the region has had! It’s been fantastic for the scenery, and my gumption (great word!) This week, however, has also seen massive flooding in Italy and snow in New Orleans and Houston! The Worlds climate continues to change!

No comments: