Friday, February 16, 2007

Winterberg World Cup 2007


Top 10's are always good and I squeezed in with 10th place - my overall world ranking is now bumped up to 9th (just 1 point behind 8th with one race left to go next week!) And considering how traing had gone (you get 6 training runs in the days preceding the race at each track) it was actually one of my best performances to date! On the last day of training my runs felt ok but I was well off the pace with a 20th place!! No panic - there's always a reason when things don't go well, and on further investigation a support bar had come loose in my sled. I'm learning to put these difficulties, technical or otherwise, to the back of my mind and perform well - which I did! The picture is of me and Alexander Tretiakov with the BIG beer he got for winning the race! Thanks to Peter Wood for the photo, and supporting the rest of the team out here (his son Andy Wood was also competing for Great Britain - see his Skeleton blog in my links!).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice website! Keep up the good work...

Andy

PETER WOOD said...

Great to see you at Winterberg. Hope you appreciated the sunshine I bought with me. Excellent top 10 finish!! See you in Konigssee on Thursday.
By the way - great picture of you and Alexander!!!
Good luck on Saturday.
Peter.